Monday, October 31, 2005

twenty freakin five


the day was a bit uneventful but contemplative. Akemi emailed me to wish me Happy Birthday. unfortunately, tomorrow I'll have to lie and not tell her what I was actually up to today.

I got most of my Halloween urges out of my system after the kids party with 25 kids under 9 trying to break open a pinata after I painted faces and supervised coloring.

but I was still inspired, and taught Halloween lessons to some of my adults too. they were shy as to what they would dress up as but really opened up when I suggested that they could pick costumes for people who weren't there.

I had dinner with a friend in hte neighborhood last night, went to bed relatively early (anytime before 1am qualifies) and went to my secret job today. my secret, non-Eikaiwa biotech editing job. it is an obvious affront to my Ye Ol' Eikaiwa contract but it isn't affecting my work or students, so they shouldn't technically care... still it means that I've started lying more than I'd like to.

But other than the lying, it's going to be a lot of fun. and they implied that they'd like to give me a real full time job when I leave Ye Ol' Eikaiwa. wow. the world is freakin busy busy busy. they like my qualifications, I welcome the challenge of learning new science.

I'm considering it. if I can have a flexible schedule (like my current arrangement with them) that also allows for real holidays ect. it could be the perfect opprotunity. i'm kinda blown away by it all.

"I'm on my way, I don't know where I'm going
I'm taking my time, but I don't know where"
ah, ryhmin simon

1 comment:

kb said...

it fell right into my lap. I didn't even ask. one of my student started this company about 3 yrs ago....

amazing how thimgs work out.